eLexicography in the 21st century: New challenges, new applications
In Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
Centre for English Corpus Linguistics (CECL).
Endorsed by SIGLEX
Conference theme: Innovative developments in the field of electronic lexicography
Papers on the following topics are particularly welcome:
- New technological environments (web-based dictionaries, mobile devices, etc.)
- Exploitation of language resources: monolingual and multilingual corpora, learner corpora, lexical databases (e.g. WordNet).
- Integration of NLP tools (grammatical annotation, speech synthesis, etc.)
- Dictionary writing systems and other software available to the lexicographer
- Changes to the dictionary macro- and microstructure afforded by the electronic medium (multiple access routes, efficient integration of phraseology, etc.)
- Automated customisation of dictionaries in function of users’ needs (proficiency level, receptive vs. productive mode, register)
- Integration of electronic dictionaries into language learning and teaching (CALL, translator training, etc.)